Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bolsa Chica Wetlands

Eager to get out of the house to get some exercise, I asked around to see if any of my friends felt like joining Nixon and me on our walk. Chelsea, who had her baby Adrian late January, decided she too could use a little fresh air and physical activity, and so we were off.

Since I had to drive to Huntington Harbor to pick Chelsea up, we decided to test out a local trail that meanders through the wetlands.

To say that the Bolsa Chica Wetlands was a rough trail would be an understatement. We should have turned back when we realized that it was a dirt path (and Chelsea was wearing flip flops), but instead we braved the dust, stinkbugs, over grown mustard bushes, and potholes.  Then we realized that it wasn’t a loop.

3.85 miles later we made it back to my car, and drove straight back to my place so Chelsea could wash off her disgusting Jesus feet.

Of course, in the middle of the walk we had a little photoshoot. 
(How could we help ourselves with such adorable babies?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers