Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Inspired by the slew of Mother's Day cards I received this week, I decided late last night that I wanted to celebrate all of the mothers in my life, so I hand-crafted about a dozen Mother's day cards and, to be sure that everyone got them when they woke up, I headed out during the wee hours of the morning to deliver them.

I got home around 5:30am and took a nap. My mom woke me up with breakfast in bed, and by then I had received a number of thank you messages from some of the ladies I had surprised. It was a great feeling.

I spent most of the afternoon with my mom, and we went to get pedicures, and then had Dinner with the in-laws at Tia Juanas in Irvine.

All in all it was a great day, and I am so proud to be Nixon's mommy. I hope she always knows how much a love her and how proud of her I am. She is growing so fast, and I have a feeling (a fearful feeling) that she may start crawling soon. She's been pushing herself up and rocking, and she moves and rolls all over the floor, so I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before I'm chasing her around the apartment.

I'm really happy that she's growing, but I'm not in a rush for her to grow up!

Here are the cards my friends and family sent:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers