Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning

We had Christmas morning at our house this year, and Nixon's Grammy Lisa(my mom), her Grandma Julie and Grandpa Bill were all in attendance. 
I thought She'd love unwrapping presents, but Nixon seemed to lose interest in the paper pretty quickly.
She did however LOVE the tags and bows.
(I always say a present can never have too much ribbon!)








 Out of all of the expensive and elaborate gifts, I think Nixon's favorite "present" was this cheapy little silver ball of bells that I grabbed last minute from Michaels when I was checking out. She clung to it all day long!






 Nixon reaching for the doll her Grandma Julie made her








Nixon was worn out from waking up early to open presents, so she took a snooze with Daddy!
then it was back to playing with her new toys!



 If that expression doesn't make you smile nothing will!


she loves flipping the page (over and over again)




Taking a cat nap before Auntie Azra and Uncle Brandon come over for dinner!




We decided to start a fun new Christmas tradition, so Azra and Brandon came over to our house for Christmas dinner. Next year We'll probably have Christmas dinner at their house because they'll have a new baby and we'll want to spoil him! 
I decided to cook this year, and after surfing the web for some holiday suggestions, I settled on Green bean casserole and Shepherds pie.


 With these for dessert:
 (Check out the recipe section of my blog for these dishes!)

All in all it was a great day and we feel very blessed to have such great friends and family to celebrate with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers