Thursday, December 22, 2011

Balsamic Chicken

This recipe was actually created by necessity; a recipe I was following called for Italian dressing, which I I didn't have. I didn't feel like making another trip to the store, so I improvised, and substituted balsamic. I also substituted soy for salt. The results were delicious!
Balsamic Chicken with mashed potatoes, and Green Beans w/bacon

Ingredients:
  1. 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  2. 1 cup balsamic vinegar salad dressing (I use Newman's)
  3. 1 TSP of each: parsley, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, pepper, garlic powder
  4. 3 TBSP soy sauce
  5. 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (I was out so I used the powdered Parmesan kind)

Directions:

Place chicken in bottom of Crock Pot. Add balsamic dressing, sprinkle with the spices and grated cheese (make sure cheese pretty much covers the chicken- you really don’t need to measure it out). 
Cook on low for about 6 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
Chicken in Crock Pot after a few hours on LOW. Chicken is done when you cut chicken and the juices that run out are clear (not pink)

As shown in the first photo, the sauce remaining in your crock pot is actually REALLY delicious- add some to the chicken after you plate it, and to mashed potatoes if you make them as a side.  

*Adam said this is his favorite chicken recipe that I’ve ever made

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers