Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pumpkin Dump Cake

I'm not a huge pumpkin fan- I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie around Thanksgiving, but usually that's about it. Then I found this recipe on Pinterest and it looked super tasty and, so I figured I'd give it a shot. So glad i did- this recipe is excellent!



Recipe: Pumpkin Dump Cake

Ingredients

  • 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg & allspice)
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
  • 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans (I used both)
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Spray a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray
  3. In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
  4. Pour into your prepared pan.
  5. Sprinkle your entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your graham crackers, nuts and/or toffee bits.
  6. Pour your melted butter evenly on top.
  7. Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
  8. Top with Cool Whip or Ice Cream
NOTE: I served mine hot on Thanksgiving, but my hubbs and I felt that it tasted MUCH better the next day after chilling in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers