Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Heart

I read an interesting article last week that suggested a link between drinking excessively during the holidays and death. The article warned that drinking too much could trigger abnormal heart rhythms that could be fatal.

"It's called holiday heart syndrome," said Dr. Marc Gillinov, a heart surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic and author of "Heart 411. "It's a heart beat that's usually chaotic, irregular and faster than your normal heart beat."

WTF

How am I going to make it through the holidays now? Alcohol is pretty much my only line of defense against the hostiles (also known as my in-laws), and now science wants to take my glass/happiness away from me? I won’t have it. 

For safe measure, the article suggested the following advice, “If your heart starts racing or beating irregularly, stop drinking and sit down.” I’ll make sure I stay seated, glass in hand, just in case. 


So, Let's raise our glasses and enjoy a Mistletoe Margarita!

Mistletoe Margarita Recipe

  • 1 cup ice
  • 1 ½ oz tequila
  • ¼ oz Triple Sec
  • ¼ oz Strawberry Schnapps
  • ¼ oz Lime Juice
  • ½ cup fresh strawberries
Add all ingredients into the Santa approved blender. Blend until you have reached a desired consistency. Serve in a chilled margarita glass. Garnish with a wedge of lime. Raise glass and toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers