Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fifty Shades of Turned On


The book Fifty Shades of Grey has been seducing the country, and for good reason- its salacious discourse is sparking our libidos and warming up the bedrooms for our husbands.  I mean, who can resist the charm of the alluring Christian Grey- a charismatically dominant man with piercing eyes and strong capable hands who makes us giddy at the thought of being naughty, and then spanks us for it. 


Personally I picture Christian as Bradley Cooper, and I revel in the imagery of him sauntering around the bedroom in his loose fitting pajama bottoms, toned and muscular, grinning deviantly as he concocts new and exciting ways to arouse me (and I say me because, in our minds, we are ALL Anastasia Steele, aren’t we?). He may or may not be holding a riding crop....



Personally I can’t get enough, and I am sad that there were only three books. Heaven knows that my marriage has benefited from all of the exposure to Christian’s “kinky fuckery,” which is why I’ve practically insisted that all of my friends read the series.  My Husband Adam and I have enjoyed a new level of intimacy after we started enjoying the book together- listening to it on audible.com.  

 I hadn’t intended for him to listen to it, it was kind of my own secret outlet, and then I accidentally left it on late one night, after Adam had gone to bed, and I fell asleep. Adam apparently woke up in the middle of a particularly spicy session between Christian and Ana, and, as he put it, what they were doing “sounded like a good idea,” so he rolled me over, woke me up, and …. well… followed Christian’s lead.   

We are now in the market for a larger (King Size) bed, new sheets, and possibly a new tie for Adam. I think I’ll look for a nice silky grey one… ;) 
 

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer... We could have a Book Club and talk about the books!!! I only have 1 other friend reading them right now and it kills me to not be able to talk about them... no one else understands! I seriously feel like they changed my life! Ha Ha!!! I first bough them out of curiosity but was shocked by how much I feel in love with the story!!! This takes the cake over The Notebook and Twilight! Can't wait for my Hubby to come home so I can show him what I learned from my reading! LOL
    P.S. - I'm in the market for a gray tie too!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers