Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning


This has been a whirlwind of a year so far, as evidenced by the fact that it’s the end of April and this is my first post of 2012. Adam and I have been consumed with the struggles of maintaining a two income household, raising a beautiful and rambunctious toddler, finding time to Sneak in some romantic time together, and dedicating time to participate in our own separate hobbies. 

Adam has taken up mountain biking again; he used to ride with his buddy Jordan and he’s really getting into fixing up his bike and taking on new and more challenging rides.  We even got Nixon a bike trailer so that when Adam wants to take on a less rocky route they can cruise together. Nixon absolutely LOVES riding in her trailer, and she can be heard squealing with delight while she’s in tow.  

I’ve taken up kickboxing/Muay Thai again, and although it’s been challenging to work up the momentum and physical endurance, I’m confident that I’ll be able to regain a lot of the strength and fluidity that I possessed when  I trained in 2007.  Kickboxing really works every muscle in my body and I have yet to finish a class not drenched in sweat. Heck, I start sweating within the initial 5 minute warm up period! Hopefully I’ll get my bikini body back in time for summer, especially since my 10 year high school reunion is slated for late June.
Adam and I have also started taking two-step lessons again. We had a ton of fun learning new spins and couples dances before our wedding, but with all of the hustle and bustle of work and parenting, we seldom get out to go dancing. As many of you know we actually met at a country bar, and we’ve been missing our old haunts, the dancing, our bar friends and the laid back ease that helped us connect years ago. We’re going to try to make it out to either The Ranch or In Cahoots at least once a week, most likely Sunday at The Ranch, for some boot scootin’ fun.  All of you are welcome to join us of course!  

This year has also been exciting because so many of my friends are going through big changes! Our close friends Nick and Amanda Valbuena just bout a gorgeous home in Yorba Linda and we were so excited when they finally got their keys! Also, over a dozen of our friends are pregnant, and come summer there will be lots and lots of new friends for Nixon.  Motherhood is the most rewarding and fulfilling experience, and I am eager to see my friends blossom and mature as they bond with and nurture their babies.  I am especially eager to welcome baby Ayers into the world, as her parents Brandon and Azra have been trying for some time now to conceive. I’m hosting Azra’s baby shower in May, and it WILL BE  the most fabulous shower ever! Only the best for my niece!!!!

That’s all for now. I’ll be more committed to updating my blog throughout the remainder of 2012, so you can expect lots of pictures, opinions, recipes and updates! I'll do some Spring cleaning and post some pictures and videos from the past few months. My goal is to check in at least a couple times a week; I’m thinking of dedicating my lunch hour to blogging, since I feel my time is largely wasted sitting around on my break.




1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited your back! I LOVE reading about you, your family, and everything else you share with us all xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers