Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rampage


Patience is a virtue that I don’t have a ready command over.  I embark on most endeavors anticipating immediate results, and in the real world, immediate results are few are far between.

This is particularly true of my recent resurgence into the world of mma rooted kickboxing and Muay Thai. This is NOT the same thing as the more dance inspired 24 hour fitness style turbo kickboxing classes, but rather an aggressive, hard hitting workout targeted at building stamina and technique for battle in the cage.  I trained years ago, when I was in much better shape, and I loved it. It helped me tone up and work out all of my muscles in a succinct and high impact format.  It was the perfect outlet for my repressed anger and carnal urges to fight, and I sweated it out at least a couple nights a week. 

I signed up for Rampage Fitness Academy a few weeks ago, eager to reconnect with my inner fighter, and in hopes of shedding the pounds that seem to weigh down every aspect of my life lately.  Boy was I in for a shock.  Not only had my endurance plummeted to an all time low, but my stamina and overall strength might as well have been registering in the negative.

Talk about an epic fail.

I’ll be honest with you- I threw up 45 minutes into my first workout. Pale and flustered, I rejoined my class to finish the last few minutes of the session, but my pride lost more than my stomach did and I was thoroughly embarrassed.  My next few sessions were equally as challenging but since I was (thankfully) able to retain my lunch, so I considered them successful.

Due to the fact that each and every workout leaves me drenched in sweat and exhausted, and that I’m working out nearly every day, I had expected the weight to fall off of me, revealing my old self, pretty much instantaneously.  I mean, even in my heyday I wasn’t sweating this hard, pushing my limits this far, or training this often. So, nearly a month later my impatience is peaking and I’m annoyed at my overall lack of progress as it pertains to the scale. Sure, I feel better, and I can see the definition in my legs and arms beginning to develop, but come on!!! 

As my 10 Year high school reunion looms only a few short months on the horizon, my impatience is rampant. I know that my efforts will pay off, I only wish they would pay off a little quicker…







4 comments:

  1. Stick with it! Your determination is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes stick stick with it.. You are beautiful so even going to your 10 year reunion you will still be a knock out!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. no ones reading your blog. Pack up and gtfo - brandon

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers