Sunday, August 28, 2011

Making Baby Food

Late one night, after visiting Nixon in the NICU, my husband and I were watching TV, and an infomercial came on pitching the Baby Bullet baby food maker. I was totally suckered in, and a few short weeks later it arrived on my doorstep. I was excited to use it but I knew it would be awhile before I got the chance, given Nixon's prematurity as well as the reality that infants aren't ready for solids until around 6 months.

Well, 6 months hit and keeping up with our little peanut was a handfull, and I never found the time to break out the bullet; it remained in the box, collecting dust.

Then, as I was organizing the kitchen in our new place, I found the motivation I needed- a book of baby food recipes! So last night I took the bullet for a test drive and couldn't have been happier with the results! The sweet potatoes I pureed were delicious!

I peeled, cubed and then baked the sweet potatoes for an hour.
Then I blended them with the bullet and stored them in the adorable containers. I LOVE the spin-dial dates on each jar.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers